ADU and Deck Builder in Union City
Sometimes it’s the little additions that make the most difference. That is certainly the case when it comes to ADUs and decks. As an ADU builder in Union City, we’ve seen these small spaces make huge impacts on the functionality and value of the home. Also, as deck builders in Union City, we see decks transform back yards into beautiful entertainment and lounge areas that families can truly enjoy. Transforming your home is simple with our help. Learn about our services below.
The Best in Deck Design & Installation
When you want a great deck, material choice is key. At Soto Bay Construction, we can guide you through the process of choosing your material, always focusing on honesty about which materials are better, which require more maintenance, and whether they can fit in your budget. In general, you have two main options:
- Wood decking: A real wood deck can be beautiful, with the most genuine texture and color available. But wood that you choose matters a lot in terms of longevity. We can help you choose a quality wood, with the look you want, from stained options to a natural, unfinished wood. Our guidance will help you choose a wood species that you’ll be happy with for years.
- Composite decking: While some composite is poor quality, we’ve sourced some of the best options. We can get you composite wood with realistic texture and color, great longevity, and a low price.
We source our lumber from Economy Lumber, a local supplier well known for its high-quality options. We take these great raw materials and create stunning decks that are perfectly supported and have detailed flourishes that make them stand out from a basic deck.
All of our deck projects start with a design phase. First, we determine your needs and wants for the project to determine the overall size and shape of your deck, and what kind of foundation will be necessary to facilitate it. Here we also talk about how you plan to use the deck and what role you want it to play in your outdoor living.
Next, we determine which materials would be the best options for your deck project. Between wood decking and composite decking are more options than you probably realize, and working with the experts means you’ll be able to better explore those options.
Finally, we determine which stains, finishes and features we’ll use to tie your deck together. Our decks can incorporate stairs, railings, pergolas, lights, and even electrical outlets to make your deck more comfortable, visually pleasing, and livable.
What Can You Use an ADU for?
While the uses of a deck are obvious: enjoying your outdoor space, an ADU or accessory dwelling unit is a much more flexible part of your home that you can put to many different uses. What kind of designs might spark your interest?
- Rental units: Make your home an income property by adding a fullyindependent ADU to rent out.
- Mother-in-law flats: Give your mother-in-law or another family member a long-term home within your home.
- Expanding families: Do your teens or young adults need their own space? An ADU can give them their own space.
- Home offices: Working from home and having clients over is much simpler and more productive with an ADU.
- Entertainment: You can also just get some extra space to entertain and enjoy.
Are you thinking of some other use for your ADU? We can help you design the most functional and beautiful space for your needs and desires.
Build a Remarkable ADU with Us
Designing and building an ADU is like building a small home. So much goes into it, from plumbing to every little detail of the kitchen. Your ADU should be beautiful and also grounded in your budget and your needs. We can get you a truly remarkable ADU.
Choose Soto Bay Construction
We create fantastic spaces both inside and outside your home. Trust us as your ADU builder in Union City or your deck builder in Union City. Reach out today to get started.
Let’s Get Started
We offer honest pricing with every estimate so you have no surprises. Our project deadlines are met in a timely fashion. We provide exceptional attention to detail in all of our designs and construction, whether decks or ADUs. We are highly responsive to customer service and we answer all of your questions. Let us help you achieve the project you desire. Give us a call today.